Thursday, May 20, 2010

When you misread CNN

I was scanning the CNN home page tonight and caught a video headline which I thought read,

"Madeleine Albright, I'm pregnant." Just then, my firefox froze and had to be restarted.

In the 30 or so seconds it took to restart, I was reeling in disbelief. Madeleine Albright preggo?

Jesus, not you Bill...you are an unfathomable horn dog. But, can't blame you for thinking she'd be well past the point of fertilization.

Bill Richardson? Bill Cohen?

Jesus. Can this really be happening?

Who, what, where, how, why?

David Crosby? Mel Gibson?

Not Henry Kissinger and a turkey baster? No, that can't be.

Firefox is back and I am going straight to CNN...

Oh.

Yes. That explains it.

It says "Madeleine Albright: I'm an immigrant."

OK, silly me, my mistake.

Wait. What? Madeleine Albright is an immigrant?

I switch to Google. Well, plow me under, so she is.

She's a Czech. Born in Prague. Arrived in the USA in 1948 at age 11.

I had no idea. I could almost weep.

Why...because Madeleine Albright is not pregnant at 73?

No, because I am spiritually Czech myself. I was adopted by a Czech family and my son is 1/2 Czech and I did not know we had so much in common.

Oh Madeleine, I am sorry. I wish I had given you more kind thoughts when you were in office. I didn't really think you were ugly. I was really depressed during the Clinton administration and I was so ugly on the inside. Looking out through those eyes, everything else looked ugly too.

But all along, you were a beautiful Czech-American flower.

Dekuji. Dobrou Noc. Boli me tadi.

No comments:

Post a Comment