Thursday, May 13, 2010

Masons are mysterious...

I have been fascinated by the Masons for decades.

Does anyone who isn't a Mason really know what a Mason is?

My Grandfather was one, and he was one hell of a faithful Christian, so it's certainly not Satanic, I know that. A fellow Mason was sent to his funeral to take the ring off his finger just before they closed the casket.

Mysterious and steeped in folklore, there are secret handshakes and an internal language. I can't tell you how I heard some of this language and saw a hand shake, because I might disappear. So Masons listen, my lips are sealed. Any secrets I learned are safe with me. I will never reveal what I thought I saw and heard. It's gone. For ever.

Unless you want to reach out to me and offer me a membership trial. I'd really love to have Mason on my resume.

The Masonic temple in my home town held some secrets, oh did it hold some secrets. And was it solid? Best built structure in town, I would bet. And that all seeing eye sculpture under the gable. Freaky, arcane, fascinating.

No one really knows because no Mason has ever done an expose. And probably no Mason ever will.

If they did, I think that Masonic law would rain down with extreme prejudice.

Here are some famous Masons:

George Washington, Thom Jefferson, Ben Franklin, John Hancock, John Paul Jones, Paul Revere, Mozart, Henry Ford, Rudyard Kipling, Gerald Ford, Doug MacArthur, Will Rogers.

Mozart. Impressive!

The rest of the Americans don't surprise me much.

However, I am shocked that John Paul Jones was a Mason.

Did the rest of Led Zeppelin know this at the time?

I have always read that Page was a Satanist. Mason and Satanist in the same band, a chronic alcoholic drummer and a Pagan lead singer. How did they make so much great music? I guess opposites not only attract, they do at times write wonderful music together.

No comments:

Post a Comment